Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thing 6

Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites

So I think I can streamline this by keeping this open in one Firefox so I can write as I explore in other tabs!

I cannot connect to Mappr through the or through links in a Google search for Mappr, but I used something in Flickr to search on a map of the world for photos of that place. Great but not all by any means of Flickr photos are linked in this way.

Checking out some links from Wikipedia Mashup article. I can see the buildings on the property where I live on moremap.com This site overlays a roadmap on sat images. The images must be from last summer I can see the perk holes in the field next door. A house was built there over the fall and winter and someone moved in a month or two ago. In the sat images from this site the lane isn't even there yet.
When I click traffic and 21701 it shows some green sections on 270 and 70 but no other routes have the graphical traffic info. By the way it brought me from Texas to Frederick Md when I inserted the Zipcode.

And Webmunes - photos(Flickr), Wikipedia, Amazon and more!

I'm sure what completions of these things entails but much time has passed and I must move on.

No comments: